Clan SOBR Forum Index
Portal   •  Forums   •  Calendar   •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Clan SOBR Forum Index » Tech Talk » free windows 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2 View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 free windows 10
IgOr
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 10:35 PM, Fri 31 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

No say in installing updates has caused some grief to testers apparently, bjorked some of their drivers and whatnots, (I hate when my whatnots get Bjorked)
Insane (Certified)
Insane (Certified)

PostPosted: 12:28 PM, Fri 21 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried it yet?

Head nOOb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
darulezy
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 7:06 PM, Fri 21 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forced the update on my media PC (media creation tool), had some USB driver issues, mainly my steering wheel and remote keypad, re-installed driver for the keypad. Found a new driver for my wheel to get that working (software driver, I am still the loose nut behind the wheel).

My main rig had the update waiting so I installed it and again had an issue with my USB mouse (DeathAdder), still have a bit of an issue where the mouse driver is the last thing to load so I have to wait until that's finished before it works to my prefered settings. That issue is probably resolved if I install the updated driver but that synapse driver is yuk!

Older games may have issues, but there are workarounds (DXGL, DirectPlay, Compatibility mode etc etc...)

The new Edge browser is not that great, icons that make no sense and everything in the wrong place, better off with Firefox.

When you install, look for the very small font for custom options because all the default privacy settings are to send everything to Microsoft.

For the rest of Windows 10 its all OK, stable and easy to search for stuff.
I cannot see any reason not to upgrade from Windows 8, as for Windows 7 I would still prefer the old way of navigating the start menu/programs but its not a deal breaker, you can still have desktop shortcuts.
Insane (Certified)
Insane (Certified)

PostPosted: 12:32 PM, Sat 22 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I shall ponder now thanx man Orange_Colorz_PDT_02

Head nOOb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: