Portal   •  Forums   •  Calendar   •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Clan SOBR Forum Index » Battlefield Series » Battlefield 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Battlefield 4
Firebart123
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 9:55 PM, Wed 27 Mar 2013    Post subject: Battlefield 4 Reply with quote

Hay Guys out in spring,

http://www.battlefield.com/au/battlefield-4/featured-video

Orange_Colorz_PDT_10 Orange_Colorz_PDT_10

Bart.
Gothic
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 10:13 PM, Wed 27 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. Looks alright.. Im still liking bf3.. so if 4 is much of the same thing.. ill be happy.. Im going to pre order tomorrow.

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/scener/?id=3904
Bishop
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 10:17 AM, Thu 28 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

my only reaction to the footage is... lol .... its the same game as 3 , they didnt even change any of the hud to make it look remotely different lol , dissappointed really Orange_Colorz_PDT_14 , but i kind of knew it would happen , you cant make a new game in a year or 2.
Insane (Certified)
Insane (Certified)

PostPosted: 5:12 PM, Thu 28 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yea ummm, its certainly not a new game Orange_Colorz_PDT_18

Head nOOb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Firebart123
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 6:42 PM, Thu 28 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the enthusiasm of the last few comments looks like ill have to get another character to level 80 on Guild Wars Orange_Colorz_PDT_07

Bart.
Snap
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 9:49 PM, Thu 28 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange_Colorz_PDT_04 Orange_Colorz_PDT_04 Orange_Colorz_PDT_04 Orange_Colorz_PDT_04

Gothic
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 10:18 PM, Thu 28 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The core engine is the same.. so..... It I knew not to expect a 'radical' change... BUTTTTTT........ Watch the trailer closely and in HD.. you will see so much more 'niceties', very polished. I cant list em all, but a couple that stuck out were, water interaction dynamics, splashing, reflections, pebbles and small rubble from exposions, lighting, exlosive dynamics improved and things like uniform accessories like backpacs ect being more lifelike having their own dynamic and not just strapped to the core model. So Ill take a much 'prettier' looking BF3/4 for sure. The one thing that sucks me in is the closer to realism with graphics these games get. If the play style is similar to bf3 then ill be happy, I have managed to become accustomed to it and enjoy it now for its own merits, not that of its predicessors.

^^
just my 2cents.. I know there will be lovers and haters.. but im willing to give this one a red hot go Smile

Fritzo
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 8:34 AM, Fri 29 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gothic wrote:
The core engine is the same.. so..... It I knew not to expect a 'radical' change...

No need for Radical but some change would be an advantage, another FPS was released using the same engine that was radically different and failed so apparently that's not the way to go, but apart from a different location (so in reality it's a map pack) I don't see any difference in the actual "GAME" apart from the candy you mention below.

Gothic wrote:
........ Watch the trailer closely and in HD.. you will see so much more 'niceties', very polished. I cant list em all, but a couple that stuck out were, water interaction dynamics, splashing, reflections, pebbles and small rubble from exposions, lighting, exlosive dynamics improved and things like uniform accessories like backpacs ect being more lifelike having their own dynamic and not just strapped to the core model. So Ill take a much 'prettier' looking BF3/4 for sure. The one thing that sucks me in is the closer to realism with graphics these games get.

Obviously, it's hard to tell from a clip they piece together to get the marketing train rolling, to really tell what additions, changes, have/will be made but the bulk of the content in the vid hasn't changed and as you have mentioned all I see is "niceties" "Candy" which to me is nothing other than what should be expected after 16 odd months of working with the engine after BF3 release.

Gothic wrote:
If the play style is similar to bf3 then ill be happy, I have managed to become accustomed to it

Lucky for you that it gives you that feeling but for me its polar opposite I virtually hate the direction the game has taken, I get more frustration and anger than enjoyment, alot because of the actual style of the game (Dumbed down Nerfed console style) and the rest from the abhorrent cluster Hump that is the vast majority of BF3 Pub players.
The other thing for me personally was the enjoyment in Scrims was just not there compared to the past, for me nowhere near the intensity or fun.

Gothic wrote:
enjoy it now for its own merits, not that of its predicessors.

I think to a certain extent it is only fair while they continue to push it as BF then it should be judged on certain aspects against its predecessors, maybe not game style as it's not solely like 1942+exp packs/BF2+Exp packs/2142/BC etc, but what it can be judged fairly on in my own opinion is content, innovation, etc. and I come to the conclusion for me personally that it is severely lacking in all areas and has pretty much gone backwards apart from gfx, considering how innovative and ground breaking 1942 was.

I guess my hopes were just set too high that in the BF series it would keep getting better, better content (think Boats as an example), Better ideas added (Think 6 man squads or Commander) but it seems those sort of innovative ideas are non existant, instead you get a crossbow and a motorbike in your d/l content.... Amazing hey??

And with the loss of any Mods we also lose a lot of the biggest reasons its predeccesors lasted so long and all the great ideas/changes/fixes they added (Think DC Gunship compared to BF3 Gunship and also for those who played PR think Transport choppers the CAS Hueys, TOW Humvees)
even the little improvements seem to have gone to me :/

Yes the gfx are better that should be just a given shouldn't it??
but..
How about the physics of vehicles, especially planes are they better??
How about skins for vehicles, guns etc., any better??
Gun sounds, any better??
Any add ons for weapons that actually do anything other than a torch that blinds the sun itself??
Any new forces or just U.S v China??
Objective based game modes??
Anything implemented to create/reward/encourage teamwork??

There's more but you get the idea yeh?

SO watching the BF4 Vid again, Yes all the "candy you mention is there and while watching I made some notes...

2:08-2:20--- Yep looks like water its good, sparks reflecting off the wall, not game changing in any way but pretty.
3:15--- Is that the...wait surely not
3:25-3:40--- Why is there so much glare?
4:26-4:44--- Hey look I cant really aim but thank god for explosions...
5:40-5:45--- Looks like a good area a map like that would be nice.
5:52--- And there it is....
6:20--- Oh FFS I'm blind!!!
6:22--- Slide would be handy here!!!
6:25--- Lean would be useful here!!!
6:50--- Oh look a vehicle EXACTLY the same as BF3
6:53--- Get shot.... She'll be right mate...
7:22-7:36--- Get shot 4 times...She'll still be right mate...
7:28-7:37--- Guns sounded bad in BF3... use the same sounds in BF4...
9:00--- A descent scope would be great...
9:05-9:10--- Ha a MOHW unlock, hurry Nerf it it's OP...
10:39--- Fuk me blind again......
11:10--- A chopper still shoots?? I thought that would have been patched out by now...
12:08--- Same transport chopper for how many years??
12:15--- Went for smoke and a drink missed the last 5 minutes, looked in seen a movie scene thought that SNOKEN movies were 10x better and reminisced about the good old days of PC superiority until BF4 vid finished!!

I don't know what it is, whether it be the game itself, the over Nerfing, the monotonous running from flag A to B back to A, the bad pub players, the overrated aspects such as destruction or explosions, the stupid brightness of the sun, the dumbed down approach to the game to cater for console speds, or a combination of many things, all I know is I'm done with BF3 and if that's the best they can do for a teaser to make me want to buy BF4 then I can see my money going towards any number of OTHER games that will be released around the same time and wait for the day they make a non sped FPS that hopefully the reviewers and trolls feel is worthy of giving accurate reviews and information on.

Gothic wrote:

^^
just my 2cents.. I know there will be lovers and haters.. but im willing to give this one a red hot go Smile

I didn't have any change so had to give 5 cents, no right or wrong side of the choices we make in games (Except for Guild wars that IS wrong), it's just like that old sayin "different floats for different goats" Orange_Colorz_PDT_08

Last edited by Fritzo on 9:00 AM, Fri 29 Mar 2013; edited 2 times in total
Gothic
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 8:57 AM, Fri 29 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gothic wrote:
I know there will be lovers and haters.. but im willing to give this one a red hot go Smile

darulezy
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 10:57 AM, Fri 29 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritzo wrote:
instead you get a crossbow.....

no actually, you don't... to get it you have to play a number of rounds of scavenger mode, I played one round and found it a sucky game mode so I'll never get a crossbow (not that its usefull).

This is one of the problems of BF3, too many game modes, wtf is wrong with playing conquest with larger squads and a commander? we all want it, why cant we have it? In fact why not squads of 8? that would be new...

I have to agree with sun glare, its an unrealistic and annoying effect. same goes for flashlights and lasers.

BF3 as a software package is very complex, but its not to the benefit of a skilled player, like why cant I shoot that low flying chopper who is pestering infantry with my stinger/grail...
I dont need it to be guided, the prick is right in front of me.

I'm not a fan of DLC and I was going to let BF3 die when the DLC came along, to me its kinda like paying again for a game that wasn't complete when you bought it.
But.... some noob bought premium for me, I'm not sure why but I think its because he hates me Orange_Colorz_PDT_04

I played BC2 yesterday and found it to be a lot more fun to be honest. (and the MG3 sounds awesome).

BF4 will be the same because people will buy it and it will make lots of money.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: