Portal   •  Forums   •  Calendar   •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Clan SOBR Forum Index » [SOBR] News Forum » [S2] vs JM Gamspace 10 v 10
Goto page 1, 2  Next View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 [S2] vs JM Gamspace 10 v 10
VyperAus
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 1:50 PM, Tue 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: [S2] vs JM Gamspace 10 v 10 Reply with quote

As [S2] rolled up to the old city in their bongo vans, "Eye of the tiger" blaring out over the souped up sound systems installed. The troops piled out, the adrenalin was starting to pump, just a short distance away was a company from JM, age old adversaries, who had stopped the [S2] boys numerous times with some really strong defences. It was going to be on for young and old, around the Oil Cisterns at Daqing Oilfields.

Round 1 [S2] as PLA
Both sides had the same idea on rollout, sending a vehicle to the enemy's main and getting the chopper airborne. JM had the better of the rollout, somehow managing to sneak their DPV in close to the Old City flag. While the [S2] Bongo van bypassed Cisterns with the idea of a push on the Jm main, only to come face to face with the JM tank, which turned the Bongo van into nothing more than a gas fueled fireball. The Z10 went hunting for the cobra but got a rude shock as the cobra got off the first shot wiping the [S2] chopper out. JM were pushing hard for the Old City flag, getting the SL into a spot close to the flag and spawning in 5 troopers. [S2] replied by spawning in some defenders, as well as the 2 chopper boys lending a hand to hold off the push and resecure the flag (although the pesky SL managed to get away) and after an arty strike took the Z10 down before it could take off, it finally was spooling up to take to the air again. [S2] weren't idle with their attacks either, putting alot of pressure on the USMC main at refinery, with the 2nd attempt by the attack sqaud managing to get into the main. Vicious firefights were going on around the main flags on both sides of the map, JM dropping their tank back to the refinery flag after it had capped Oil cisterns (cisterns had been left untouched for the longest time ever seen.) AT rounds criss-crossed the flags, handgreandes going off under stairs inside buildings. It was absolute mayhem. [S2] managed to take down the JM tank and then pushed for the flag but some excellent cover defence from JM nullified the attempt, but the [S2] SL was being just as sneaky as his JM counterpart in the Old City, hiding under the stairs and reviving any fallen comrade he could reach. An Arty barrage cleaned out the JM defender's around the refinery flag and once again the [S2] attack squad pushed onto the flag, once again JM defended quickly, bring back the cobra which made mincemeat out of the attackers on the flag, only for the chopper after clearing out all the defenders to clip the flag pole with its tail, sending it spiraling down to crash amongst the sandbags. At old city things were looking up for [S2] as the defenders, using every means at their disposal were finally getting the upper hand against the numerous JM troops that were still pouring out of the ubildings surrounding the flag. The T98 tank and some FAV 50.cal guns helped to squash numerous attempts on the flag, and with the chopper crew went house to house, cleaning out the JM troops. Numerous bodies were piled up in doorways and in the gullies around the Old City, Both [S2] and JM bodies littered the battlefield. Things were starting to look up for [S2], the attack squad, who were now down to 2 troopers, finally capped the flag at refinery. The Z10 was finally getting airborne, and the defenders in the Old City were in good positions to repel the continual attacks from the constant spawning JM attack waves. [S2] pushed Their tank out to the cisterns to attempt a cap on the flag, while the Z10 poured fire into the buildings at old city and finally the defenders were getting the upper hand, as the [S2] tank greyed the flag, at cisterns only to be taken out by a lone JM trooper who had spawned in at Cisterns. Finally the JM squad leader and the rest of his squad were taken out at Old City by some nice grenade work by a [S2] defender. With that, the only JM soldier left alive was at Oil Cisterns and was attempting to cap the flag, when the Z10 finally did something useful for the round and the JM soldier was ripped apart by the chaingun. The round ending in a cap out to [S2] 129 - 0. Just to point out as well this round only lasted 7 minutes of hectic action.

Round 2 [S2] as USMC
After such a short but intense round, a quick break was called for and then it was right back into the battle. [S2] headed out fast and hard. The DPV zoomed out to Cisterns, the tank rolled out in support of the cisterns attack, and the Cobra crew had a great spawn and got up in the air early. JM pushed out hard as well, sending buggies on end runs around towards the [S2] main, and their Z10 right up the guts, trying to disrupt the [S2] attack on cisterns. After a shocking first round, the [S2] chopper crew were out to prove themselves, they got the first shot on and the wreckage of the Z10 crashed down close to where the [S2] attack squad had just capped the Cisterns flag. Jm still had the 2 buggies screaming down towards the [S2] main, usuing the train shed as cover from the Cobra. But the buggies had been spotted and were constantly spotted, and the [S2] defences were moving to intercept. The first buggy was intercepted by an AT trooper as it came flying out of the train shed. The 2nd buggy dodged an AT round, and cannon and mg fire from the [S2] tank only to have the [S2] cobra come down like the winged angel of death and the buggy fireballed after a barrage of minigun and rockets from the cobra. [S2] then went into lock down mode, securing the the ground they had taken, setting up defences around both flags. The [S2] chopper crew were pouring fire into the Old City, keeping the Z10 of Jm grounded,as well as picking off the JM tank as it was attempting to shoot the chopper down. Jm were not going to go down with out and fight, and fight they did. They pushed a squad up through the wooded hills around the cisterns to avoid the [S2] chopper. this squad then proceed to attack the Cisterns from the flank, with no regard for life or limb. This was the first of several relentless attacks on the Cisterns, but the defenders gave as good as they got, and with the [S2] tank pushing in to support as well as several passes by the Cobra the attacks were driven off. JM kept the pressure on as well as sending several buggies on runs around the edges of the maps, although the [S2] defences proved tough to crack though, with the cobra and the tank of [S2] working in combination to pick off the marauding buggies. Finally though, after a pass a little too close to the ground fire, the Jm tank took down the [S2] cobra, allowing Jm a little bit of breathing room and the chance to get their chopper off the ground ( when it was not destroyed by arty ) and also get a buggy through onto the [S2] main at refinery. Once again JM had a sneaky SL ( probably the same one from the first round) and mounted numerous human wave attacks on the refinery flag from close range. The [S2] defenders marshalled and drove the attacks off but the majority of the defence work was done by the [S2] tank, wiping out several raids on its own and then holding the area after the flag had been greyed while re-inforcements came flooding back to recap the flag from the Cisterns. The JM chopper had a little bit of bad luck when it finally succeeded in taking off and avoiding the arty strikes, only to take off and reverse into the trees on the hilltop behind it and explode on impact. [S2] finally recapped the Refinery, and the chopper crew sprinted through an artillery barrage ready to get in the air, knowing that the JM Z10 had already taken off, and on the commander's channel report that it was screaming down the gas station side, going to set up to camp the cobra on the pad, as the Z10 had been suffering that for most of the round. The cobra spawned and the blades were spinning as the Z10 came around the cisterns and was turning to put its nose on the Cobra, just as the cobra got its nose just high enough off the pad, and a TV missile flashed out from under the Cobra and impacted right on the cockpit of the Z10 blowing it into a million pieces. A very difficult shot by the cobra which caught the Z10 by surprise. the JM squad leader was still in the [S2] main, hidhing and biding his time. when the cobra had lifted off and was busy with destroying JM vehicles and keeping the Z10 down. Thats when the JM SL got his squad respawn and pushed on the refinery flag, once again it was the [S2] tank doing the bulk of the defending. JM finally had a bit of luck on their side as the [S2] tank finally went down under a barrage of rockets. This allowed the JM squad to cap refinery. It was a little bit too late for the flag cap to have any effect, although JM had a little bit more luck taking down the Cobra with a nice stinger shot. [S2] pushed out from Cisterns back to refinery and the final few tickets were taken in the firefights at Refinery. The round ending up 96 - 0 in favour of [S2].

Round 1 [S2] 129 JM 0
Round 2 [S2] 96 JM 0
Total [S2] 225 JM 0

Now that was a cracker of a game. Although the score might not reflect it, there was no limit to the intensity of the action and tactics. The game never seemed to stop. the 1st round was so intense and so chaotic, how a capped out happened was beyond me but it did and in only 7 action packed minutes. The 2nd round was different, with the battle thick and fast, and there was no end to the improvisation of JM's attacks, and attempts on flags. Many thanks to the JM guys for a great match and being great sports, lots of friendly msg's were exchanged over global chat. Look forward to our next outing against you guys, best of luck for the rest of the season. To the [S2] gang, great performance, nice squad work and great defence.

TV missiles, Reach out and touch someone Very Happy
nucleardaysNIBOT
Smurf
Smurf

PostPosted: 2:31 PM, Tue 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: [S2] vs JM Gamspace 10 v 10 Reply with quote

Excellent write-up, Vyper Orange_Colorz_PDT_05 Although I reckon the 1st round took even less time than it took me to read the write-up Orange_Colorz_PDT_13

Strangely, We've had the 'wood' on you guys for a while but you well n truly smacked us around on this occasion! It hurt.......a lot Orange_Colorz_PDT_14

Always a pleasure to play against you guys......even if OxiDe constantly tea-bags me ......you'll keep, munchkin...you'll keep Orange_Colorz_PDT_03

CYAs on da battlefiled
nucleardaysNIBOT
a_CHIC
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 3:54 PM, Tue 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. awesome write up !!

GG JM, thanks Orange_Colorz_PDT_06
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 3:58 PM, Tue 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: [S2] vs JM Gamspace 10 v 10 Reply with quote

Was a great game as it always is when playing against you guys. I'm certainly looking forward to playing against you fellas again (hopefully in 16v16 next time Orange_Colorz_PDT_16)
Sorry about the tbag NIBOT, there's nothing like a quick tbag in the heat of battle Orange_Colorz_PDT_09 Bishop and I couldn't resist Orange_Colorz_PDT_08
Smurf
Smurf

PostPosted: 5:00 PM, Tue 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: [S2] vs JM Gamspace 10 v 10 Reply with quote

OxiDeOwns wrote:

Sorry about the tbag NIBOT, there's nothing like a quick tbag in the heat of battle Orange_Colorz_PDT_09

Pffft...too late for sorry, you're name is now in my 'lil black book', filed away for future reference Orange_Colorz_PDT_17 Next time...Ima dying with my mouth shut:P

OxiDeOwns wrote:
Bishop and I couldn't resist Orange_Colorz_PDT_08

Ohhh....so it was mass baggings, hey?
I can see the next nasty internet video, its called:

"2bags, 1 cup"
Firebart123
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 5:36 PM, Tue 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

great write up felt like i was there playing it was that in depth, well done to the guys that played too.

Orange_Colorz_PDT_03

Bart.
fun-any0ne?
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 5:50 PM, Tue 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: [S2] vs JM Gamspace 10 v 10 Reply with quote

nucleardaysNIBOT wrote:
"2bags, 1 cup"

Ahahaha. Don't go there >_>

Hi Nibot, don't get lost in the cracker factory now Razz
clownius: your pc is a nigger
fun-any0ne?: rofl
darulezy
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 6:34 PM, Tue 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG JM, nice writeup per usual Vyper.
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 7:36 PM, Tue 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: [S2] vs JM Gamspace 10 v 10 Reply with quote

nucleardaysNIBOT wrote:
Excellent write-up, Vyper Orange_Colorz_PDT_05 Although I reckon the 1st round took even less time than it took me to read the write-up Orange_Colorz_PDT_13

your telling me i was in commander screen about to do a scan and noticed all flags where ours and went in to search mode for your last few men bit of a surprise for us all i think

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Cryptic
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 9:48 PM, Tue 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game JM. I've just been watching that first round on BR a few times to get some perspectives, and what a ride. Great pushes and defences by each side. Not to forget A_Chic getting bored with the blokes antics and taking to the Cisterns on her lil lonesome, followed by Vyper and fun swooping in from above with their streetsweeper to seal the deal.

ps, Nibot, I was freaked when I saw how close I spawned to your squad at old city (on BR that is) but just happened to walk out the front door while there were five of ya's using the rear door.

have a suss if your bored.
[url]http://demos.gamespace.net.au/bf2/Season_6_(10v10)/2007-12-02_ 9:16PM___Junglist_Massive__6_vs_[S2]__6_(daqing_oilfields)/auto_2007_12_02_21_33_04.bf2demo[/url]

bastads have brackets in their link.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: