Portal   •  Forums   •  Calendar   •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Clan SOBR Forum Index » [SOBR] News Forum » GA 16 v 16 Opener [S2] vs 667th Black Knights
Goto page 1, 2  Next View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 GA 16 v 16 Opener [S2] vs 667th Black Knights
VyperAus
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 1:39 AM, Mon 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: GA 16 v 16 Opener [S2] vs 667th Black Knights Reply with quote

Ready for the first foray into the new GA 16 v 16 ladder, [S2] had been challenged by the 667th Black Knights.
General Simpson's Donkey took the roll call, the senior soldiers noting that there were a few new recruits amongst the names called out, the [S2] ranks being bolstered and a full team of 16 ready to get down and dirty amongst the buildings in down town Mashtuur City. With the plan in place, [S2] rolled up into action and recieved a surprise as the Gamestah blimp cruised in overhead with RDNX on the speakers, blearing out commentary as [S2] moved into the city, knowing that somewhere out there was a force of Black Knights.

Round 1 [S2] as MEC
The plan was in place and [S2] got a good start with the rollout, Shrike picking up Donks and dropping him and his squad near the mosque, with Shrike continuing on to attack Hill with the rest of his squad. Fun and his squad rolled in uncontested onto the powerstation flag, giving [S2] the T90 in quick time. Meanwhile Donk's squad with some support from the 2nd attack squad had pushed into the mosque flag, getting repulsed the first time by the 667th's squad who had arrived there before the [S2] infantry capping the flag, but some quick medic work saved the day, with [S2] pushing in and capping the flag. Hill had also fallen into [S2]'s hands but was under counter attack from the 667th. 667th also had a chopper circling high overhead the battlefield dropping troops off at flags until it was shot down. 667th, pushed in and recapped hill, while [S2] were fighting hard to repulse the attacks on the mosque from backyard. Some nice nade work by the defending [S2] infantry from the rooftop prevented the flag at mosque from falling, and once again some good medic work, allowed a counter attack to recap the flag when it did fall. 667th kept the ppressue up, driving their tank onto the flag in an attempt to cap mosque while Donks had snuck around the back and had his squad spawn in and cap backyard, with new recruit Maginator taking one for the team and blowing the tank and himself sky high with a few c4 packs ( when they blow they blow big). With reinforcements rolling from backyard, mosque was soon recapped. 667th were probing for weak spots, with an aerial drop on the powerstation and a humbvee making it hotel putting the [S2] rear flags under serious threat at different times. But with some nice early spotting, counter attacks and more defenders were rolling up in the nick of time, denying the 2 asset flags to the 667th.
With the bleed and tickets pouring away, the round ended 122 - 0 to [S2]

Round 2 [S2] as USMC
after a short break and a quick tweak of the rollout, the roar of Humvee disel engines and the clatter of the blackhawks rotor blades announced the start of the 2nd round. Both sides headed towards the respective flags on their sides of the river. 667th capping power station, while [S2] capped backyard and mosque. 667th also mounted an aerial assault on hill, from the flying cow. but with reserves ready on call, [S2] had infantry spawn in to protect hill, wiping out the 667th attack squad after a short and viscious firefight around hill, and on the mountain side behind it. both sides staged attacking raids into the main flags, with defenders being put under pressure, but [S2] were able to capitalise on their attack on hotel, capping it, while deciding that holding back was a little bit boring [S2] commander HRT deciding to jump in the black hawk at the start of the round had made it up to the north gas station and doing some nice c4 work on the 667th's commander's assets up there. 667th made a good run into backyard, capping it out from under [S2]'s nose as the round progressed, but [S2] held onto the tank. 667th then pushed and capped mosque, cutting down the [S2] defenders with withering fire. [S2] meanwhile working hard had pushed and capped powerstation. but this was shortlived as 667th capped back hotel. With some co-ordination by the attack squads, [S2] fought back capping flags. whilst defending hill which was coming under and increasing amount of attacks. Cryptic and Vyper working hard to defend hill, with re-inforcements spawning in to help defend and then pushing out to attack mosque and backyard which 667th had been forced into. and then with 2 well cor-ordinated attacks by shrike and his squad and donks and a few other boys, mosque and backyard fell, forcing the cap out. with only a few stranded 667th infantry having to be hunted down. The round ending 145 - 0 in [S2]'s favour.

Round 1 [S2] 122 667th 0
Round 2 [S2] 145 667th 0
Total [S2] 267 667th 0

Thanks to the 667th Black Knights for the match, was a good match, Glad to see u guys in the ladder for your first time, good luck for the rest of the season. Also thanks to RDNX for the shoutcast. To the [S2] lads, well done, the squad work was great tonight. A great baptism of fire for the new guys, and they were up to the task as well, congrats to Maginator and Firebart123 for their first match. Also nice to see some good work done by Slaughter in the first round to top the scores (And the commander score doesn't count in this HRT) and the old timer Cryptic in the second round doing a very nice job to top the list. Have to mention HRT here as well making the comment "My Arty must be a magnet to you guys, everytime i drop it, every man and his dog rushes towards it." But a very nice tactic as commander tonight mate, taking out their assets.

TV missiles, Reach out and touch someone Very Happy
Magianator

PostPosted: 1:53 AM, Mon 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
with new recruit Maginator taking one for the team and blowing the tank and himself sky high with a few c4 packs ( when they blow they blow big)

hahaha omg that was so much fun!

Well, anyways, that was the first time i had ever played with anybody other than Vyper, Oxi, and Fireman....it was Hektic Uleh!

I had lot's of fun. Thanks for the game guys, and thanks for havin' me.[/quote]
Cryptic
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 10:12 AM, Mon 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good one for the books guys, let's hope we can keep our numbers up for the following games. WD to the new recruits, clan matches are always different to pub matches so it was good to see you kept your heads.
clownius
MIA

PostPosted: 10:28 AM, Mon 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

good game guys, cheers 667th for allowing us time for our players that couldnt stay connected
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 3:35 PM, Mon 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we listen to the shoutcast , or was it live only??

PostPosted: 5:17 PM, Mon 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishop wrote:
can we listen to the shoutcast , or was it live only??

I think there was meant to be a shoutcast but cant find it yet... maybe tonight
Firebart123
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 6:43 PM, Mon 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys as with Magianator that was my first clan game and he was right it was very hectic compared to a normal game the teem speak throws u out a bit with commands being made and u think was he talking to me, Had a lot a fun u are all a great bunch to play with and i cant wait till the next game. Orange_Colorz_PDT_03
darulezy
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 8:36 PM, Mon 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for 667th first game they did quite well, good squad work and tactics, but were over run by our experience.

GG 667th!

I dao'd one of their blokes who came running to me with a knife, soz dude, maybe next time Orange_Colorz_PDT_13
Magianator

PostPosted: 2:34 AM, Tue 09 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoutcast is up....yes i was up all day waiting for it and found it at 1 AM

http://www.gamestah.com/file/download/1142
Bullant
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 3:00 AM, Tue 09 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

welldone lads on both sides.
Wish I could of been there.
In the new year I hope I can play again.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: