Portal   •  Forums   •  Calendar   •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Clan SOBR Forum Index » [SOBR] News Forum » [S2] vs AFO GS 10 v 10 PART II (this is the new one)
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 [S2] vs AFO GS 10 v 10 PART II (this is the new one)
VyperAus
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 5:50 PM, Mon 10 Sep 2007    Post subject: [S2] vs AFO GS 10 v 10 PART II (this is the new one) Reply with quote

The last match in the GS 10 v 10 ladder before the finals was upon [S2]. The opponents in this match were the number 1 ranked team AFO. What better than the top ranked team to play as your last opponent before the final series. The battle lines were drawn, in the chinese industrial heartland of Daqing.

Round 1 [S2] as USMC
With EA and BF2 having the first laugh on this match, with several CTD's on both sides, Clownius unable to join the server and Vyper's monitor dying. The round was finally going to get underway. After an interesting performance against JM on Dalian plant, the [S2] lads were going into this match with a point to prove.
The rollout got away to a fair start, Cryptic and his squad capping the cisterns straight away, but the much vaunted [S2] chopper boys got nailed in the first air to air combat. AFO are very strong on the ground and proved this with a well co-ordinated push onto cisterns after their orginal attack was driven back but the SL remained alive and after a very ncie arty drop, a full squad of 5 AFO soldiers swarmed the flag capping it in time with the Z10 hovering menacingly above the giant oil tanks. With the bleed on [S2] the call was made for another push, this time with no soldiers spawned and the attack SL wheeling off in a DPV, with Vyper providing covering fire from the humvee's 50 cal on the chinese chopper, the DPV made it around the side of the cisterns, and with the chopper busy chasing the DPV allowed the cobra to respawn and the blades were spinning as Fun ran thru a short check list to get it airborne. With the cobra 3 feet off the ground he managed to dodge the TV from the AFO Z10 and Vyper made sure there were no more turning the Z10 into a bright orange fireball. The attack squad boys with the air clear pushed in with a vengence, pushing in hard and capping the flag, with Jax supporting the attack in the tank, picking off a few of the remaining AFO troops and their SL who was on the roof above the flag at cisterns. With the Flag now in [S2]'s hands the attack squad proceed to lock it down, using every means at their disposal to defend it. The Air was clear and the Cobra was keeping the AFO chopper grounded, and picking off marauding AFO buggies making runs around the sides. AFO kept attacking hard, on numerous times pushing buggies and their tank into the cisterns, both sides exchanging bullets, rockets, and grenades at close range. The medics on both sides were working overtime keeping the soldiers on their feet. AFO were unrelenting in their pressure, managing to get a car thru to the main twice, but on both occasions the defence was brutal, with the tank, and troops responding to the commander's call to drop back and clean up at main, along with the cobra which made sure that the main was clear. The best attack of the round was then pulled off by AFO. In a combined pincer movement, they attacked cisterns from 3 sides at once. The AFO tank was outside on the main entrance leading in from the chinese side of the map, a buggy came thru the woodlands and entered from the side and yet another AFO buggy, pushed around the right hand side and came in from the rear. great co-ordinatoin for this attack came off well, and as a result the [S2] defenders were mown down by the massed guns of the AFO attackers. Not to be outdone, the attack squad reformed and charged head long into the battle, pushing in hard into the flag zone, and greying the flag, on their first attempt. but the weight of numbers of the AFO defenders came into play, wiping out the attack. the 2nd attack supported by some very nice armour work by jax coming around and firing from the chinese side of cisterns was successful with the AFO defenders being driven out of cisterns. With cisterns back in [S2]'s hands and the Cobra patrolling the skies above the battlefield picking off targets at will, the round ended 94 - 0 in [S2]'s favour

Round 2
After a short toilet break for our fill in commander ( he's slow but not that slow, Ezy) it was back into it for the 2nd round.
The roll out went the other way this time for [S2] with the Z10 getting the first kill knocking the AFO Chopper out of the sky, while the attack squad were faced with almost the entire AFO team who had already capped cisterns. Putting up a valiant fight but it was not to be, as AFO held the flag with some very nice defensive squad work, backed up by the AFO M1A1. AFO were in a strong position holding 2 flags and with [S2] on the bleed. A quick discussion on the comm. Channel while driving like a graduate of Fritzo’s driving academy (you got the cash, we teach you how to crash). Cryptic bypassed the cisterns in favour for an attack on the US main. With the Z10 taking out AFO’s M1A1 which was on defensive duties around their main, this opened a gap in the AFO defences. A great diversion attack on the cisterns by Jax in the tank, backed up by snap keeping him alive longer than expected. This attack coupled with the chopper pouring fire into cisterns, allowed Cryptic’s squad to sneak in and cap the main from right under AFO’s nose. Not to be outdone AFO Acme1234 tried to cap the Chinese main single handed. But the Z10 responded to commander Ezy’s urgent summons and cleared the main, and then remained on station protecting the [S2] main until ground troops could arrive. With both main flags under their control, [S2] worked on tightening the noose. AFO had other ideas pushing buggies and squads out in both directions. With one squad causing a lot of problems in the US main. The defenders worked overtime hunting down the attackers, ensuring that the flags stayed in [S2]’s hands. AFO made a well timed push into the PLA main catching the chopper slightly out of position, but some well timed back up arrived in the form of Bishop on the ground, charging into a building and letting his AK 47 do the talking, clearing out the AFO soldiers in a mad rush. But while this was going on, the attack squad with the adrenaline still pumping pushed into cisterns form the US main catching the defenders by surprise and wiping out the small number of defenders and capturing the flag. Then with the commander spotting the last few AFO soldiers who were trying to head towards the PLA main flag, it was all over, ending in a cap out. The round score finishing 114 – 0 to [S2]

Round 1 [S2] 94 AFO 0
Round 2 [S2] 114 AFO 0
Total [S2] 208 AFO 0

What it lacked in time, it made up for in intensity. Big thanks to AFO for the game, you are fantastic opponents and thanks for the patience at the start with all the CTD’s. See you Guys in the final series  I have no doubt our pathes will cross again.
A bloody battle but fantastic sportsmanship all round. Well played boys a big difference to our last match. To the attack squad Shrike, Bishop, Crayon, Igor and their SL Cryptic, fantastic job boys, you really held your own against some well organised attacks and defence, plus some really nice sneaky attacks of your own. Jax nice work in the tank, a new job perhaps. Snap, not exactly the role we had thought out, but you kept Jax alive on numerous occasions. Ezy sorry about dumping you in as commander but your work was excellent as usual. And To my pilot Fun, once again you lived a charmed life in the air, a stunning performance and our first clean round, Wahoo. So lets carry this performance on into the final series boys.

Until next time, reporting live from the battlefield

VyperAus

TV missiles, Reach out and touch someone Very Happy
Cryptic
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 6:05 PM, Mon 10 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fine write-up. Whenever I read these things, I have to hold back from reading the last few sentences to see how things turned out.
Snap
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 7:08 PM, Mon 10 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh 'Fun, you are a good man, a true man and you shall live forever! Orange_Colorz_PDT_15

OxiDeOwns
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 7:51 PM, Mon 10 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryptic wrote:
Another fine write-up. Whenever I read these things, I have to hold back from reading the last few sentences to see how things turned out.

He's talented ain't he Orange_Colorz_PDT_08
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 8:26 PM, Mon 10 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno about new job for me, I never destroyed their tank and never got more than 2 shots into it, allthough I got busted by them about 4 times in both rounds.
Full credit to Snap who wasa huge support, both in the gunner seat in round one and assisting in round 2, I thought I was toast a few times and then got out of it Smile
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 2:44 AM, Tue 11 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can feel the love.

a_CHIC
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 10:02 AM, Tue 11 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it Vyper.. as always a great read Orange_Colorz_PDT_02

Well done guys on the win !!

Jax... do I hear you dont like the new armour role ?? God damn it I wish I was in it Orange_Colorz_PDT_08
Jax
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 10:00 PM, Tue 11 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't not like it Chicky, I'm just not good at it :p
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: