Portal   •  Forums   •  Calendar   •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Clan SOBR Forum Index » Multimedia » Some of my photos, Take 2.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Some of my photos, Take 2.

Fav Pic
1. Bottlebrush
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
2. Scrap Metal Truck.
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
3. Snow on Mt Donna Buang.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4. Sunset over the Snowy River in Marlo.
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
5. Some stoopid barn.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
6. Vines.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

LBD

PostPosted: 2:59 PM, Fri 21 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckie oh so luvley placers there tea mon well done Wink Orange_Colorz_PDT_15
fun-any0ne?
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 3:20 PM, Fri 21 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wormhead Rock, well the pic below isn't the rock, it's a beach Razz

This is Wormhead Rock.

Three Cliff Bay. Wales.

That's the M4, one of the major motorways in the UK. Note the houses on top.

Time for the best places I have been. Ever. I was in awe of this place when we were there. The Lake District. This is the house we stayed in for a week. Which wasn't long enough IMO.

The view out the back door.

View out the front door.

This is Ullswater Lake. One of the biggest lakes in the Lake District, almost 10 miles long in a north / south direction.

Look at all teh boats! There were about 200 boats on the lake that day. Shocked

We hiked 6 or 7 miles around a Fell (not quite a mountin but bigger than a hill) and this was from the top. 1500ft.

Hey there sexy!

These next few are of Aria Force. We hiked around said Fell to get here when we could of just walked up a path for less than a mile. But noooo my Aunt thought it was a good idea to go the looong way around Dry Was well worth the hike in the end, made me appreciate it more. The rapids go on for about a mile and a half.

The first bridge over the falls.

The second bridge over the falls.

The end of the rapids which flow out into Ullswater Lake.

The largest of the lakes in the Lake District, Windermere.

A small town on the edge of the lake called Ambleside.

You all remember Peter Rabbit? Well the writer, Beatrix Potter, lived in this hou...er...mansion. She bought the land where the Lake District is. The whole lot, with the money she made of her books. Then donated it to the National Trust when she died, it's been a national park ever since.

Some more boats.

That'll do for now...site is giving me the crap. Keeps timing out or something. Lucky I saved the text into Notepad. Dry
clownius: your pc is a nigger
fun-any0ne?: rofl
darulezy
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 4:31 PM, Fri 21 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea 1 hour timeout on creating a post.
very nice photo's I didn't know England had a pretty side or a blue sky for that matter Orange_Colorz_PDT_06
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 5:41 PM, Fri 21 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

darulezy wrote:
very nice photo's I didn't know England had a pretty side or a blue sky for that matter Orange_Colorz_PDT_06

Yeah same, nice pic's fun. looked really pretty
fun-any0ne?
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 6:00 PM, Fri 21 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

darulezy wrote:

Yeah, it was grey and miserable for about 80% of the time we were there. Sad Still, we managed to aviod most of the rain. Razz

Well continuing on, still in the Lake District. This is Honniston Pass. This is a Slate Mine we visited, wait it's not as boring as you might think, we actually got to go in one of the old mine shafts. Very Happy

Mine shaft enterance, with what looks to be one of the original mine carts. It's all pre war, gives you an idea how old it all actually is. Was used up until 1986 I beleive before it was shut down. Was re-opened in about 1997 by a local who saw some monies to be made from the place. After a few hard years he's now probably a millionare. He recycle's everything that is taken from the mine. I don't want to go on but there is a lot of waste from slate mining. Exports the stuff all over the world, and apparently it's also the best slate in the world.

See that path up the cliffside? Well that's how the miners used to get to work, then in the shafts in the side of the cliff.

That rusty contraption you see is what was used to get the mine carts full of slate down to be processed.

From inside the mine, excuse the bluryness. Was using the cameras night setting (so a slower shutter) rather than the flash. Flash = crap. That track you can see was used to transport the mine carts from one shaft to the next.

This cavern is man made.

This was taken from the bus that took us up to the mine shaft entrance. Notice no guard rail? The driver slips, no more bus or passengers. Best bus ride ever Very Happy

Down the bottom of Honniston Pass with the weather settling in.

Our cars. The blue one (closest) is my Uncle's 7 series diesel BMW, it belches black smoke when he plants it. Was hilarious going past cyclists and watching them dissappear in a cloud of black smoke. Laughing The middle one is a Lexus IS200 which said Uncle organised for us, nice car. And the one at the back is my Cousins Renault Clio. He's had it up around 160km/h Shocked

Coniston Water, one of the smaller lakes. The boat in the pic still runs on steam and has been doing so since the 1930's.

Remember the view from out the back earlier? Well this was a few days later, about 3pm.

Derwent Water. Even though the weather was crap, there is still something about the place I loved about it.

Lordor Falls along side Derwent Water. Not quite as spectacular as Aria Force, but still impressive none the less.

Yes, those rocks were very slippery Sad

Taken on the second last day we were there. Again, crap weather, but still awesome. We took the Ullswater Ferry, which went from one end to the other and back again, took about an hour to complete the trip. The ferry was no slouch either.

That's it from the Lake District. Next up is London. Very Happy
fireman
Mercenary
Mercenary

Location: Hiding from Snap in Snaps house with the lights off

PostPosted: 7:15 AM, Sat 22 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

took my adsl 109 seconds to load this page.....bloody hell I need a quicker connection lol Orange_Colorz_PDT_06
fun-any0ne?
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 3:03 PM, Sat 22 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and Gents, let me introduce you to, London...

Got there just in time to see the end of the Changing of the Guard.

Yes, that's Gold on them gates. Not quite the white pearly gates, but close enough Razz

The Palace in all it's glory...well whats left of it, it's falling to bits.

Big Ben. The name doesn't refer to the tower, it refers to the bell at the top of the tower. It weighs 13 tonnes and put there a long, long time ago. According to history they cracked the bell while putting it inside the tower. Noobs.

The London Eye. It's f...king huge when you stand under it.

View down the Themes.

Big Ben and the Houses of Parliment. Note the time on the clock...

On the way up on the London Eye. Now look at the time...That's how long it took us to get on the damned Eye. Was awesome though. Adelaide needs one. Very Happy

This was about a quarter of the way up.

That building is called the Giant Gherkin. I think it looks a lot like...something...else...*cough*

St Pauls.

For the Soccer (I hate that word) fans (which seem to include, well, me.) That's Wembley! Very Happy The thing with the big arch.

Big Ben...again. This time with Westminster Abbey (the big one) NFI what that small one is.

London skyline, at about the top now.

MI5.

Told you it was f..king huge when you stood underneath it! Shocked

Nelsons Column at Trafalger Square. Notice not one Pigeon? They poisned all the f..king things.

ZOMG BUSES!!

Tower of London, no idea why it's called that, it aint even that high Confused

Have a guess Wink

Old Vs the new.

Annnd that's it from London. Only spent the day there Sad I could've easily spent the entire 5 and a half weeks there. London is awesome. Cool
bulletproof
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 3:35 PM, Sat 22 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pics mate, would be a great place to visit one day i reckon, though i wont be going on that huge wheel...me dont like heights!

PostPosted: 3:46 PM, Sat 22 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulletproof wrote:
nice pics mate, would be a great place to visit one day i reckon, though i wont be going on that huge wheel...me dont like heights!

Hey bullet I dont mind heights! i hate the falling though

Orange_Colorz_PDT_16

Lovely work fun will use some as my desktop files
fireman
Mercenary
Mercenary

Location: Hiding from Snap in Snaps house with the lights off

PostPosted: 4:24 PM, Sat 22 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

165.32 seconds....... Orange_Colorz_PDT_09
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5