Clan SOBR Forum Index
Portal   •  Forums   •  Calendar   •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Clan SOBR Forum Index » First Person Shooters » Planetside 2
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Planetside 2
Bishop
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 9:08 AM, Sun 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Planetside 2 Reply with quote

caved in and bought the premium pack last night so i could get into the beta , glad i did this game is going to be sick as , no local server yet for beta , been playing on a us server but still fun despite minor lag...

battles just feel epic , 1 giant 64sq km map divided into capture points each the size of a small map , loaded up like 5 dropships with 40-50 guys last night and we started attacking sh1t , was cool as , up to 2000 ppl on the 1 map i think , its divided into territories the 3 factions hold , u cap 1 and hold it till either enemy cap it back ...ya choose a faction when u make a character and stick with that faction.

gunplay doesnt feel as chunky as bf and the like but its ok imo , vehicles are fun to use , chucked on a mech suit last night and owned a whole bunch of guys while my inf buddies charged in and capped..

so yeah , suggest once it goes live with aussie servers ya give it a try , its going to be free , and theres nothing else like it .

Jump to Youtube Download VideophpBB Plugin

Jump to Youtube Download VideophpBB Plugin

Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger

PostPosted: 8:12 PM, Sun 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first vid is pretty epic. Gonna check it out.

"Who the hell is B-umpy??" - Proofy

"It seems to have disappeared into the black hole that things sometimes disappear into..." - Some guy at work
Fritzo
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostPosted: 12:46 PM, Mon 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the looks of the second vid it's not my thing.

Not sure what you mean when you say gunplay in BF3 is chunky?? maybe need to upgrade your pc? Razz

Bishop
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 2:20 PM, Mon 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you just seen those jetpacks didnt you ? only 1 class has em man and there only short range Orange_Colorz_PDT_07 youd know what i meant by chunky if you played it , atm its reminding me alot of crysis wars , which i thought was sick , the vehicles feel like crysis wars vehicles anyway , its got elements from pretty much every popular fps atm ...

i just like it as its not a game you can run around on your own whatsoever , can but you'll die , last night we had about 60 guys in 1 group , had tanks , inf , transports and gunships in support , just cruising round the map dominating whatever got in our way , not 1 guy just flew away to chase something or went on a rambo trip

that said there has been times like just before ,when 1 faction just dominates with numbers and ppl just seem to noob out running around like idiots ,we had over half the map last night when i went to bed, now we have a small chunk of map in bottom corner...

all just depends on teamwork and people learning the game really as to how fun it is.
Insane (Certified)
Insane (Certified)

PostPosted: 7:56 PM, Mon 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

glhf

Head nOOb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dvomayn
Murderer
Murderer

PostPosted: 6:21 PM, Sun 30 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing on Thyone (euro) as Vanu with a bunch of guys I play other stuff with. We've traditionally been Terran in PS1 and the early beta but figured we'd change factions for a bit when they did the last server wipe.

You didn't have to buy the premium pack by the way, they give out beta keys over twitter if you ask Orange_Colorz_PDT_14

Probably the game I've been looking forward to the most lately, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than other fps games at the moment - love the ridiculously huge battles over territories and outposts, fitting out a double railgun MAX suit and sitting in the main doorway to a building while 60 guys try and head on assault you is so fun.
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 9:54 PM, Sun 30 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanted the station cash to unlock everything anyway Orange_Colorz_PDT_06

yeah i been playing vanu , like em the most so far ,but the server im on atm is basically full of idiots on vanu ...

loving the scythe , mostly run around as light assault though being a sneaky bastard.

i have a player for all 3 factions atm but , i just play on us west servers , hows the lag on euro servers man?

most of the time i dont even really notice any on us west servers , been getting abit since the patch yesterday but.
also im looking to join an outfit , where do i find em?
Murderer
Murderer

PostPosted: 6:50 AM, Mon 01 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lag to the euro servers can get a bit hectic when you're 1:1 with someone but vehicles and larger battles it's harder to notice since there is a lot more room for error; I've played euro/us servers on FPS for a long time and you learn to compensate pretty well.

Outfits you can get to through your social panel in the character menu, I think there is something there about advertising outfits. Otherwise, check game arena or something like that and find some other aus guys playing and join them, or keep pubbing in larger public squads and you'll find some guys to play with regularly that way (there are in game coms).

Infiltrator (bomber) is what I've been flying lately with my mates. Have someone flying, someone dropping bombs and a third to man the rear cannon to keep the buzzplanes off your back since they outmaneuvre you. Lots of fun. Also, flying the Galaxy is like flying a floating truck but its nice grabbing one with 12 other people and paradropping over a rear base - there's a Cert for the Galaxy that lets people who leave equip parachutes instead of just falling to death.
Assassin
Assassin

PostPosted: 1:48 PM, Mon 01 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea b4 i joined sobr i was in a us clan for years , so ive never really had a prob playing on us servers , how do u get bombs for that thing ?? there a cert for em?

usually i get 1 and just fly around till i smack into a tree or something lol
guessing you can upgrade the speed and turning on them like scythe?
Murderer
Murderer

PostPosted: 11:11 PM, Mon 01 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, meant the liberator not infiltrator.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: